2 човека одобряват
Itchy eyes, a runny nose and a sore throat – these are the annoying symptoms of an allergic reaction to pollen. Will you accept it? Or you will ask yourself, "Why is this happening to me?", "What are the types of pollen-related allergies?" and "How can I avoid these annoying problems?".
We are here to explain what is the relationship between pollen and allergies, what are the types of hay fever caused by pollen and to answer the question "To which type of pollen am I allergic?"
Types of pollen: meaning
There's no denying that pollen is annoying! But what are the different types of pollen that cause hay fever? Although there are a number of specific varieties, allergy is caused mainly by three types of pollen: from trees, grasses and weeds. Take a look at the following list of different types of pollen by month and their peak.
- Tree pollen: from birch (from late March to mid-May), oak (late April to early June), pine (early May to mid-June).
- Grass pollen: May to July.
- Weed pollen: the causative agents of allergy can be wild wormwood (from mid-June to mid-July) and nettle (from late June to early August).
What are the types of allergies?
Pollen allergy causes a stuffy nose, watery eyes, and an irritating throat — symptoms we associate with hay fever. However, did you know that there are two main varieties of hay fever caused by pollen? These species are defined by their frequency as follows:
- Seasonal: They occur when certain types of plants are pollinated during the year.
- Year-round: They exist for all twelve months.
Which type of pollen am I allergic to?
Now it's time to find out what triggers your reaction. One way is to smell plants, grasses or trees up close to detect your irritating pollen. A calendar of pollen by month is another effective way to recognize which type of pollen is irritating you.
If anything, you'll at least keep the number of possible irritants to a minimum and know when to keep track of the pollen forecast. This will calm or prevent your symptoms. More useful information can also be found in this article.
Relieve and prevent symptoms caused by pollen allergy.
Once you've identified the specific types of pollen that annoy you, you can do everything in your power to avoid them. However, this is not always practical. We offer several solutions to the hay fever problem that will help to avoid or at least greatly reduce your symptoms:
- When you don't have to go out, stay at home with the windows closed.
- Always take a shower and change your clothes to prevent pollen from lingering on them.
- Wear snug-fitting sunglasses to prevent pollen from entering your eyes. Models with semicircular, thick frames are a good solution.
- Always carry a package of Zewa Protect handkerchiefs for hygienic cleaning of runny nose.
Когато страдате от сенна хрема, препоръчваме носните кърпички Zewa Protect. С перфектна комбинация от сила и мекота, те са достатъчно здрави, за да се справят със симптомите и остават нежни към кожата. Действието им спира дразненето, породено от постоянната нужда за издухване и почистване на носа.
Once you know all about the link between pollen and allergies, you'll be better prepared when the next hay fever season arrives.