Bedwetting in a child is something completely normal for his development. This is an obstacle that both you and your child will go through, and understanding the reasons why children wet the bed and learning methods to prevent bedwetting will make the process much easier. Here's everything you need to know.
Bedwetting – causes:
Most often there are not one specific, but several frequently mentioned causes of wet children's bed, including:
- Deep sleep – sometimes children do not react when their brain sends a signal that it is time for the toilet, because they are fast asleep.
- Produce more urine than the bladder can absorb.
- A reaction to emotional stress – bullying, changing school or family problems can trigger a number of behaviors, including bedwetting.
- Overactive bladder.
At what age do children stop peeing in bed?
All babies are different, but if bedwetting continues after the child is five years old, then it's time to start looking for the reasons for this. If you suspect that there may be a concomitant medical condition, it is important to see a doctor.
Bedwetting – treatment and prevention
There is no one sure way to stop bedwetting, but there are a number of things you can try with your child:
- Calm him down. If you scold the kid in every accident, you risk causing him even more anxiety, which will certainly not help stop the enuresis at night.
- Limit fluids before going to bed. Do not give anything to drink for at least 1 hour before sleep, except for a small sip of water.
- Encourage frequent trips to the toilet. Remind the child to pee during the day, but especially insistently in the evening and just before bedtime.
- Support him. Praise the little one every time the bed is dry and do not punish him in case of an accident.
- Make sleep time as relaxing as possible. It means more cuddling, reading, singing — anything you know calms your little one.
- In case of peeing, clean quickly and without much fuss. Whether you're soaking up mattress stains, putting towels under the sheet, or removing wet duvets, don't question it.
Запасете се с хартия Zewa Deluxe Cashmere Peach , за да насърчите използването на тоалетна през нощта. Тя е достатъчно здрава, за да изпълни предназначението си, но и нежна към деликатната детска кожа. Дръжте и пакет кухненска хартия наблизо – тя е идеална, когато се наложи бързо да попивате мокро легло.
Remember, unless it's a sign of illness, bedwetting is nothing serious, and most children go through this phase. Be patient and reassure your child that this will pass while you do everything necessary to avoid night accidents or clean up quickly after them.